BlazeMaster Pipe and Fittings are acceptable for setting in concrete and the system carries a UL listing for this purpose.
Benefits of Setting BlazeMaster CPVC in Concrete
- BlazeMaster CPVC is highly resistant to corrosion; over the last 30 years of successful installations, there has been no evidence of chemical corrosion in properly installed systems in concrete.
- The reduced visual impact upon completion means better aesthetics for your customer and a more affluent, valuable property.
Concrete Best Practices
The following best practices have been shared over the years by successful contractors and will help ensure an efficient process when setting BlazeMaster CPVC in concrete.
- Use straight runs where possible to minimise stress exerted on the pipe
- Prevent wire mesh or reinforcing bars from causing any abrasion damage
- Maintain pressure continuously before, during and after pouring
- During the covering process, lightly jostle the system to ensure there are no air pockets around the pipe to prevent abrasion
- Ensure that no tools and equipment come into contact with CPVC, including tampers and agitators.
The following video discusses recommended best practises in detail, for setting BlazeMaster CPVC in concrete, as executed by successful contractors.
It is important to assess the performance of your chosen building materials when used in conjunction with each other. A solid combination of quality materials will help bring value to the property and to your business.
Lubrizol is unaware of any compatibility issues with concrete; however, as new products are developed every year, it is important to always check with individual manufacturers for chemical compatibility.
The FBC System Compatible Program
The FBC System Compatible Program is designed for construction professionals to select their building materials in conjunction with CPVC piping systems with confidence. It is developed to accommodate manufacturers of ancillary materials, to ensure specification processes around the world run much more smoothly.
The program is a fast, easy way to make sure that ancillary products used with BlazeMaster CPVC systems are compatible. This is exclusive to Lubrizol branded products and no other CPVC manufacturer.
- Eliminates guesswork from specification
- Third-party testing for all materials
- Provides unique product labeling to clearly identify compatible products.
Some fire safety materials that are included in the FBC System Compatible database include:
- Firestopping Sealants
- Fire Fighting Foams
- Fire wraps
Before proceeding with your concrete construction project, consult the The FBC System Compatible Program website or dedicated app.