Register for RIBA CPD
BlazeMaster® fire sprinkler systems are specially designed using pipes and fittings made from post-chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (CPVC). Non-metallic CPVC provides several key advantages in the installation of fire sprinkler systems, including superior hydraulics, fast, straightforward assembly and superior corrosion resistance.
The European government has recognised fire safety development as a major contributor in creating more sustainable building solutions. BlazeMaster® fire sprinklers address this need, reducing fire, smoke and water damage and eliminating the need for rebuilding fire damaged buildings.
BlazeMaster's® fast, efficient installation process requires less energy than steel solutions and it’s resistance to corrosion provides buildings with a longer lasting, more reliable service. This is having a positive environmental impact and has led to increased success in Europe, particularly Great Britain and Scandinavia.
This video seminar covers the following:
- What is CPVC?
- Use of sprinkler systems
- How sprinkler systems work
- Fire statistics in the UK
- Approvals and standards for fire sprinkler systems
- Fire tests for plastic fire sprinkler systems
- System advantages compared to steel
Handling, storage and installation
- Case studies and examples
- Further important references
RIBA Core Curriculum:
- Design, construction and technology
- Legal, regulatory and statutory compliance