It is estimated that there are over 4,000 high rise concrete blocks in the UK alone. In recent years, the conversation around protecting these multi family homes with fire sprinklers has been significantly amplified, particularly in local government around the UK since the Grenfell Tower tragedy of 2017. An increasing number of structures are under review from local authorities and city councils, such as Citiscape’s tower block in Croydon in 2018.
It is important that these densely populated structures, with often busy communal areas receive adequate protection professionals. BlazeMaster CPVC is a proven success in tower block accommodation, thanks to its many advantages:
- Fits into tighter spaces
- Faster and easier installation
- Better flow rates (Hazen-Williams C Factor of 150 versus 120 for steel)
- Limits environmental impact
- 84% lighter than steel for installation savings
- Resists corrosion
Over Polypropylene Random (PPR):
- No Hot Works permit required
- No need for power tools to install, reducing injury risk
- Comprehensive installation training/free consulting
- UL listed for all light hazard occupancies
Over generic CPVC:
- Stronger and more durable, as verified by third-party testing
- Comprehensive FBC System Compatible Program
- Online training
- Unmatched industry support
For more information on retrofitting existing tower block accommodation with BlazeMaster Fire Protection Systems, download our free eBook, the Retrofit Fire Protection Guide.
Tower Block Success Stories
As the most specified nonmetallic fire protection system in the world, BlazeMaster CPVC’s proven track record speaks for itself.